Sample CV for a Marketing Communications Manager
Looking to market yourself for a marketing communications manager position? Check out this sample CV for guidance.
Cornwall Ave 15
- Nationally award-winning marcom professional with 13 years of experience leading corporate marketing and internal communications for multimillion-dollar companies across diverse industries.
- Respected leader of creative teams, multimedia divisions and corporate communications departments. Conceptualize and orchestrate marketing campaigns that effectively reinforce and build brand images.
- Expert in the technical, conceptual and content development of sales-driving collateral. Proven ability to drive record-high marketing campaign response rates and execute successful product launches.
- Award of Excellence for Outstanding Advertising (ABC Co. "Road Warrior" campaign), 2008
- Gold Award for Outstanding Advertising (ABC Co. "Open Road" direct mail campaign), 2008
- Award of Excellence for Outstanding Advertising (ABC Co. "Automotive Drive" campaign), 2006
- Action Award for Outstanding Advertising (ABC Co. "Hit the High Road" campaign), 2005
ABC COMPANY, Sometown -- International company selling automotive supplies and parts
Marketing Communications Manager, 5/2003 to present
Manage corporate marketing and communications functions, overseeing a €2.3M budget and 8-member team. Direct brand management, PR, media relations, corporate positioning, product launches, advertising, sales collateral and tradeshow marketing.
- Developed and launched integrated, multi-channel print, catalog, web and direct marketing campaigns that propelled sales from €3.2M (2003) to a projected €9.5M by 2008 year-end.
- Led market launch of 21 new products. Identified opportunities, researched new product possibilities, collaborated with engineering team and created campaigns generating €2.6M in annual sales.
- Created Web portal to transform previously archaic intranet into a dynamic website improving communication flow and adding an effective sales tool for field reps.
- Wrote catalogs, course guides and training brochures that enhanced the sales reps' understanding of complex product features and helped them sell more effectively.
- Performed ongoing customer/market research and demographic profiling to identify and capitalize on unmet market needs ahead of the curve.
- Produced media kit that demonstrated key marketing analytics and demographics for use in sales presentations. Efforts were credited as instrumental in closing numerous high-level deals.
- Leveraged strengths in cost-effective marketing management and vendor negotiations to end each year an average of 15% underbudget (without compromising business growth goals).
DEF COMPANY, Sometown -- Full-service advertising, marketing and PR agency
Marketing Supervisor, 2/2000 to 5/2003
Developed marketing programs for a variety of business-to-business clients. Used an integrated approach to create balanced programs for clients to build their respective brands and businesses.
- Expanded client base by 78% in three years by consistently delivering goal-surpassing marketing results and ensuring complete client satisfaction.
- Closed new accounts as a member of business-development team, including a €1.5M win with Action Company and a €1.2M win with JFK Corp.
- Earned commendations from client executives for communication deliverables that targeted desired audiences and articulated the value of products and services.
GHI COMPANY, Sometown, NY -- Leading advertising, direct marketing and communications agency
Creative Director, 1/1998 to 2/2000
Manager, Creative Services, 8/1996 to 1/1998
Copywriter, 6/1995 to 8/1996
Advanced through a series of promotions, culminating in oversight of group copy division and 6-member creative team. Created concept and copy for journal ads, direct mail campaigns and sales collateral for diverse clients and projects.
- Served as primary copywriter on advertising campaigns for multimillion-dollar accounts and successful product launches.
- Assumed a lead role in pitch team meetings due to strengths in presentation and negotiation skills, and helped close major accounts (€500K to €1M+ initial contracts).
- Generated campaign response-rates of between 6% and 8% (up to 4 times the industry average).
- Software: QuarkXPress, Photoshop, ImageReady, MS Project, Crystal Reports, MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Web/Multimedia: ColdFusion, Flash, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, search optimization, Web server administration, content management systems
ABC UNIVERSITY, Sometown
Bachelor of Science, 5/1995
- Major: Communications
- Minor: English
- Graduated with high honors
Search for Marketing Communications Manager jobs